October 21, 2019
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES, CHARITY & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- The Expenses People Often Forget When They Plan for Retirement ; Can an Average Couple Live on Social Security Alone?
- Living Paycheck to Paycheck? There’s an App for That ; Does Increased Debt Offset 401k Savings? ; Pay Up or Get Out
- US teachers take hands-on approach to financial literacy ; People who live alone, with low financial literacy most at risk for fraud
- Path to retirement readiness littered with blind spots ; Americans spend 7000% more time watching TV than they do on their finances
- 401(k) Early Withdrawals Will Be Easier: Be Careful! ; Be creative when withdrawing from retirement accounts ; State Regulators Tackle The Toughest Part Its Annuity Sales Model; How annuities may make sense for women ; People Love Pensions, Remain Skeptical About Annuities
- Financial planners sharpen their focus on the next generation of clients
- Here’s how much millennials can really save by being safe drivers
- 8 signs you’re ready to stop renting and buy a home
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- New Report Shows Costs, Benefits of Varied Healthcare Reforms
- Hackers Targeting Healthcare with Social Engineering, Email Spoofing
- Investment income plays important role for nonprofit hospitals, Fitch says
- Medicare fraudsters now tap telemedicine in medical equipment scams
- Public Views on Vaping and E-Cigarettes
- California Power Blackouts Reveal Widespread Vulnerability in Healthcare System
- Common mistakes clients must avoid during Medicare open enrollment ; Medigap Plan F Will Soon End. Here’s How That Changes Retirees’ Costs. ;What if Medicare Paid Your Dentist?
- Private equity firm defends itself on ‘surprise’ medical billing in letter to House
TECH, MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Zappos data breach settlement: users get 10% store discount, lawyers get $1.6m
- California adds biometric specs to data breach law
- Amazon Needs a Leash
- Is your child’s digital wallet secure? Find out ; Huge rise in rogue banking apps driving fraud attacks
- Use of Artificial Intelligence Poised to Grow in State Government, Survey Finds ; Ways to mitigate artificial intelligence problems
- Vatican enters wearables market with a new e-rosary
- Where are US fintech’s next billion-dollar startups?
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS & LITIGATION
- Target-Date Fund Users Contribute Less Than Non-TDF Counterparts
- What to consider when choosing a stable value fund
- On Trial Date, Schlichter Strikes Another Settlement ; Allina Health Inks $2.4M Deal To End ERISA Class Action ; Nearly $100000 stolen from participant in Estee Lauder 401(k) plan
- Senators push for vote on Secure Act retirement bill; In-Plan Guaranteed Income Will Always Be a Challenge
- TSP: Is everybody (anybody) happy?
- How to Build (and Judge) a Successful 401k Plan: Case Study
- Allina Health to pay $2.4 million to DC participants under proposed settlement
- Breaking Free From Interest Rate Bind on DB Funding
- Why Does Local Police And Fire Pension Consolidation Matter For Illinois?
- Troubles keep mounting for Fisher Investments as losses in pension assets hit $1.3 billion ; Members of Los Angeles pension board ready to drop money manager Ken Fisher
- Pressure for Pension Reform Grows Ahead of Budget ; ‘If I lose my pension, I’ve lost everything’: Coal miners worry about losing pensions
- Connecticut’s teacher pension system isn’t working for millennials. That’s a problem.
- Borough returns pension benefits to pre-2012 rate
- Some elected officials get big pensions along with big salaries
- Is it time to change the retirement age?
- Bipartisan support called crucial to UK pension reform bill ; UK Millennials Worse Off Than People Born in the 1970s
- Collective schemes pose threat to final salary pensions
- Going Dutch? Low interest rates rattle ‘world’s best’ pension system
- Firefighter’s widow, union feel ‘cheated’ over slashed pension
- China’s workforce saving more for retirement amid concerns about state pension, survey finds
- Walmart Will Take a $2.2 Billion Charge for Asda Pension Change
- Fed’s Williams: Central bank will adjust response to money market volatility ‘as appropriate’ ; Fed’s Evans says central bank should be ‘aggressive’ to boost inflation in low rate world
- US Consumers’ Comfort in Buying Climate Climbs to Record High
- Oil prices fall on signs of large US stock build; What’s behind the price of gasoline?
- Finance officers renew push for stable net asset value ; Mutual fund boards maintain strong governance, survey says
- The Company of the Future Is Private
- Saying goodbye to LIBOR – what asset allocators need to know
- African debt stabilising but region faces headwinds – IMF
- China’s Economic Growth Slows as Challenges Mount
- Japan’s inflation slows to near 2-1/2-year low, keeps BOJ under pressure
- What Is in the New Brexit Deal? ; Investors’ Brexit Relief Turns to Deal Doubt
- Investors turn to alternative assets as risks rise ; Ivy League Endowment Strategy Loses Luster in Disappointing Year
- The hedge fund battle to control PG&E leaves no one to root for ; Endowments Cut Hedge Fund Exposure Over High Fees, Survey Shows ; The Research Hedge Funds Want to Pay For; $1 Billion Pulled From Hong Kong Hedge Funds, Most Since 2009
- Average private equity fund selling at face value – survey ; Investors Now Pay Full Price for Second-Hand Private Equity ; The Difference Between Private Equity And Venture Capital
- Cryptocurrency executives charged with running $11 million Ponzi scheme ; Central banks could be left behind on digital currencies ; Fidelity Opens Up Bitcoin Business to Billions ; China’s Global Cryptocurrency May Be on the Horizon ; China’s Cryptocurrency Plan Has a Powerful Partner: Big Brother
- Role of banks and advisers on family office transactions diminishing
- Real estate trend has millennials ditching cities for small-town life